Exclusive interviews: Duncan Jones (Director of Moon) - Andrew Barker (Director of Straw Man) - Tony Grisoni (Screen Writer of Red Riding Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) - Michael Marshall Smith (author of Spares, Only Forward, The Straw Men etc) - Alejandro Adams (Director of Canary) - Ryan Denmark (Director of Romeo & Juliet vs The Living Dead) - Neal Asher (author of the Cormac series, The Skinner etc) - Marc Robert & Will Stotler (Able) - Kenny Carpenter (Director of Salvaging Outer Space)

Press Conference - Public Enemies - Johnny Depp, Michael Mann, Marion Cotillard

NEWS - REVIEWS - TRAILERS - POSTERS - INTERVIEWS - FORUM - CONTACT


FEATURED REVIEWS - Public Enemies - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Moon - The Hurt Locker

LFF is on Facebook - Twitter - Friend Feed

Monday 8 June 2009

Could Wes Craven be directing Scream 4?

According to Wes Craven Scream 4 is definitely going ahead plus both Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette, are almost signed and will be returning to the film, but according Craven they're the only ones who are returning.
"I've been told, and I don't think they'll mind if I say this, the deals on David Arquette and Courteney are virtually set. I believe everybody else will be new."
The always excellent Filmstalker found the news and it isn't just confirmation of the film being made. It is possible that Craven himself may be directing it.
"I had a brief conversation with Kevin [Williamson], I know that Kevin is writing. What I've said to Bob is I'm not closed to it, I'm not open to it, I'll be perfectly happy to read a script and tell him what I think. That's where it's at and I'm not expecting a script until August. I don't know what the premise is or

"Bob Weinstein (The Weinstein Company co-chairman) has talked to me, he's interested in me directing it."
Kevin Williamson also confirmed to Craven that it's going to be a trilogy:
"I don't think it's a reboot and Kevin, when he talked to me, said, 'Remember, it's not just Scream 4, it's Scream 5 and 6. So I guess he has a trilogy in mind."
I looks as if the Arquette's are the only cast members returning, but the fact Wes Craven could be directing the new one makes me a bit more interested in the film.

What do you think of the news? Do you want to see a new Scream film directed by Wes Craven? What do you think the story will be?

Discuss in the forum or leave a comment below.

HOME

0 comments: