Exclusive interviews: Duncan Jones (Director of Moon) - Andrew Barker (Director of Straw Man) - Tony Grisoni (Screen Writer of Red Riding Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) - Michael Marshall Smith (author of Spares, Only Forward, The Straw Men etc) - Alejandro Adams (Director of Canary) - Ryan Denmark (Director of Romeo & Juliet vs The Living Dead) - Neal Asher (author of the Cormac series, The Skinner etc) - Marc Robert & Will Stotler (Able) - Kenny Carpenter (Director of Salvaging Outer Space)

Press Conference - Public Enemies - Johnny Depp, Michael Mann, Marion Cotillard

NEWS - REVIEWS - TRAILERS - POSTERS - INTERVIEWS - FORUM - CONTACT


FEATURED REVIEWS - Public Enemies - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Moon - The Hurt Locker

LFF is on Facebook - Twitter - Friend Feed

Tuesday 2 September 2008

Edgar Wright talks Ant-Man

Wizard have an interview with Edgar Wright about his work on Scott Pilgrim and Ant-Man.

Here's what he has to say on the diminutive superhero.

Can you confirm that you're still involved with "Ant Man?"

WRIGHT: Absolutely. I wrote the first draft of the script which, to be honest, kind of took two years to deliver because I did "Hot Fuzz" in the middle of it. But I did my first draft of it just before the strike last year and I think it's one of my favorite things I've ever written. It was a real blast to write. I know that [Marvel's] very pleased with what we've done and, really, really, the appeal to that for me is the fact that like, Ant Man is considered slightly D-list. The whole raison d'etre of the piece for me and my thing has always been to take something that would seem to be uncool and make it really cool and that's certainly the case with British cops in "Hot Fuzz." To take the most seemingly kind of underwhelming concept and make something really cool out of it—I always liked that premise. As a little kid I had a reprint of "The Man in the Ant Hill," the very first Ant Man kind of story and it's something that always struck me. Most shrinking films are about in somebody in jeopardy and this is something where the shrinker has the power. Rather than it being something that's a terrible thing to happen, it's actually making your character into the most bad ass sort of action hero/spy possible.

0 comments: