Exclusive interviews: Duncan Jones (Director of Moon) - Andrew Barker (Director of Straw Man) - Tony Grisoni (Screen Writer of Red Riding Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) - Michael Marshall Smith (author of Spares, Only Forward, The Straw Men etc) - Alejandro Adams (Director of Canary) - Ryan Denmark (Director of Romeo & Juliet vs The Living Dead) - Neal Asher (author of the Cormac series, The Skinner etc) - Marc Robert & Will Stotler (Able) - Kenny Carpenter (Director of Salvaging Outer Space)

Press Conference - Public Enemies - Johnny Depp, Michael Mann, Marion Cotillard

NEWS - REVIEWS - TRAILERS - POSTERS - INTERVIEWS - FORUM - CONTACT


FEATURED REVIEWS - Public Enemies - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Moon - The Hurt Locker

LFF is on Facebook - Twitter - Friend Feed

Monday, 30 March 2009

John Cena talks about the Captain America rumour

There have been many rumours as to who will be playing Steve Rogers, The First Avenger - Captain America. Names such as Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon, Will Smith, Aaron Eckhart and one that I posted a while back, Neal McDonough. However, one name that has cropped up recently is WWE Superstar, John Cena.

MTV caught up with the big guy to ask him. “Strictly a rumor,” said Cena but added with a smile, “If you guys are listening over at Marvel, that is a pretty cool rumor. I’m extremely patriotic, I was a captain of the football team once, so I think it works out. I think I’m your man.”

“To kill the rumor, I was never contacted by anyone,” admitted Cena. “Usually when those rumors start it’s because someone in that community thinks that I would be okay for a role. I’m flattered that they think I could play Captain America and I would be up for it.”

Yet, for an athlete known to give 250 pound bruisers the occasional “Attitude Adjustment” when necessary, could “The Champ” take himself seriously clad in a spandex jumpsuit?

“Hmm…could I take myself seriously in spandex…have you seen my other job?” joked Cena. “I think I could be alright. I think it’s a great fit.”

I personally hope that they don't go with Cena for Captain America. I'd rather they went for a big name actor or a total unknown first (although Cena has done a bit of action before).

Who do you want to see throw Captain America's mighty shield? Would Cena be a good choice?

Leave a comment on this post below.

HOME

1 comments:

Jeremy Couturier said...

Quite honestly Cena might work because Cap is supposes to be a massive dude. Matt Damon gimme a break