Exclusive interviews: Duncan Jones (Director of Moon) - Andrew Barker (Director of Straw Man) - Tony Grisoni (Screen Writer of Red Riding Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) - Michael Marshall Smith (author of Spares, Only Forward, The Straw Men etc) - Alejandro Adams (Director of Canary) - Ryan Denmark (Director of Romeo & Juliet vs The Living Dead) - Neal Asher (author of the Cormac series, The Skinner etc) - Marc Robert & Will Stotler (Able) - Kenny Carpenter (Director of Salvaging Outer Space)

Press Conference - Public Enemies - Johnny Depp, Michael Mann, Marion Cotillard

NEWS - REVIEWS - TRAILERS - POSTERS - INTERVIEWS - FORUM - CONTACT


FEATURED REVIEWS - Public Enemies - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Moon - The Hurt Locker

LFF is on Facebook - Twitter - Friend Feed

Monday 30 March 2009

John Cena talks about the Captain America rumour

There have been many rumours as to who will be playing Steve Rogers, The First Avenger - Captain America. Names such as Matthew McConaughey, Matt Damon, Will Smith, Aaron Eckhart and one that I posted a while back, Neal McDonough. However, one name that has cropped up recently is WWE Superstar, John Cena.

MTV caught up with the big guy to ask him. “Strictly a rumor,” said Cena but added with a smile, “If you guys are listening over at Marvel, that is a pretty cool rumor. I’m extremely patriotic, I was a captain of the football team once, so I think it works out. I think I’m your man.”

“To kill the rumor, I was never contacted by anyone,” admitted Cena. “Usually when those rumors start it’s because someone in that community thinks that I would be okay for a role. I’m flattered that they think I could play Captain America and I would be up for it.”

Yet, for an athlete known to give 250 pound bruisers the occasional “Attitude Adjustment” when necessary, could “The Champ” take himself seriously clad in a spandex jumpsuit?

“Hmm…could I take myself seriously in spandex…have you seen my other job?” joked Cena. “I think I could be alright. I think it’s a great fit.”

I personally hope that they don't go with Cena for Captain America. I'd rather they went for a big name actor or a total unknown first (although Cena has done a bit of action before).

Who do you want to see throw Captain America's mighty shield? Would Cena be a good choice?

Leave a comment on this post below.

HOME

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quite honestly Cena might work because Cap is supposes to be a massive dude. Matt Damon gimme a break

tetoas said...

important link j1n07e5s78 high end replica bags replica bags india Find Out More r4r97x3g96 replica louis vuitton bag replica bags ebay replica bags online shopping india linked here y7s38e4u10 replica bags 168 mall

Anonymous said...

bape clothing
bape
off white