Exclusive interviews: Duncan Jones (Director of Moon) - Andrew Barker (Director of Straw Man) - Tony Grisoni (Screen Writer of Red Riding Trilogy, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) - Michael Marshall Smith (author of Spares, Only Forward, The Straw Men etc) - Alejandro Adams (Director of Canary) - Ryan Denmark (Director of Romeo & Juliet vs The Living Dead) - Neal Asher (author of the Cormac series, The Skinner etc) - Marc Robert & Will Stotler (Able) - Kenny Carpenter (Director of Salvaging Outer Space)

Press Conference - Public Enemies - Johnny Depp, Michael Mann, Marion Cotillard

NEWS - REVIEWS - TRAILERS - POSTERS - INTERVIEWS - FORUM - CONTACT


FEATURED REVIEWS - Public Enemies - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Moon - The Hurt Locker

LFF is on Facebook - Twitter - Friend Feed

Monday 2 February 2009

Enter Sandman - Bryan Singer talks Logan's Run

Filmstalker have the news that Bryan Singer has just been speaking about his proposed Logan's Run remake in the L.A. Times Blog.
"At the moment, I haven't decided. I really don't know...I'm taking a
genuine break. The last four years have been really busy with the miniseries,
the TV and the movies. I'm taking a few months to collect myself and figure out
what I'm going to do in that regard. We did a lot of development on that movie
and a lot of work. To start it up again, I wouldn't start it up again without a
full commitment. So I have decisions to make. Right now, that's just hanging
around."

The original Logan's Run told the story of an enclosed colony of people whose society only allows them to live until thirty before they are exterminated in an elaborate ceremony called the Carousel. This process is to stop the drain on resources that older people cause in society. Some people chose to run before this can happen, and those that chase them and exterminate the are called Sandmen. One Sandman is given the secret task of finding where these runners are going to, and where the few who have escaped are hiding. So he goes on the run and his fellow Sandmen begin the hunt.
It starred Michael York, Peter Ustinov and Jenny Agutter back in her taking her clothes off in every film she starred in phase.

It was also made into a TV show that I though was good when I was a kid. However, when it was repeated recently I watched it and wished I had a time machine so I could go back in time and tell myselfI was an idiot for watching it. Stupid idiot child version of myself.

0 comments: